Our school has high expectations for attendance as we believe regular and punctual attendance is an essential prerequisite to effective learning. We aim to develop an ethos that demonstrates to students, parents/carers, and the wider community how much we value good attendance and punctuality. Our attendance team work closely with families to ensure that barriers to poor attendance can be removed so that all children can experience ‘Life in All its Fullness’
If you require a period of absence, please fill in and return the form below to the School Office. If you require a paper copy of this form, please contact the School Office. Only exceptional circumstances will be approved. Please note term-time holidays will not be authorised.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind parents/carers of absence reporting procedures to ensure that all absences are recorded accurately and to prevent unnecessary truancy.
Any absence is to be reported to the school office; this can be done in several ways:-
- Ring 01379 853211 (Primary Phase) 852561 (Secondary Phase) and select option 1. This is a confidential answering service where you can leave a message with 24 hr access
- When leaving a message please give your child’s full name, year group and a specific reason for absence
- Absences are to be reported daily until your child returns to school
- Absences should be reported before 9am whenever possible. As part of our attendance procedures we will ring you if we have not heard from you
- Medical evidence must be provided for any hospital/medical/dental appointments. This can be an appointment slip/card or referral letter. The office can make a copy if necessary
We are here to support those students and families with attendance difficulties, please contact us with any queries, concerns about your child’s attendance or the information we have recorded for them.